Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Virgin Islands of Quezon : The Sweetest Escape

~ Your Sweetest Escape ~
Are you a beach enthusiast, nature lover, adventurous, spontaneous, free-spirited person or even somebody wanting to get time out from his or her busy, stressful schedules? Planning for your next destination to explore? Thinking of having a relaxing and memorable vacation with friends,families and loved ones? You may also want to visit and discover the beautiful beaches of the province of Quezon. I have been visiting these islands since May 2011 when my boyfriend who is a resident of Pagbilao, Quezon invited me to spend a weekend at their place. Since then, it has been our favorite weekend getaway and I may consider our "sweetest escape".The first island which I was able to visit was the "Kwebang Lampas" or also known as "Puting Buhangin".The locals derived its name from the small cave with waters on it during high tide. I was in awe when I first stepped on this lovely paradise - the sand is so white and powdery, the water is clear, clean and bluish green, with the fresh air because of the green lushes and the sweet sound of the waves. A romantic, serene and relaxing escapade indeed! 
 













My team decided to celebrate our small victory in passing the Audit last August 2012 at Kwebang Lampas.


 
I am a nature lover and at the same time has a deep love for taking beautiful photos. I was so lucky and happy to have captured this lovely picture at the Kwebang Lampas in August 2012.


The carefree me when at the paradise!

"Borawan" is another scenic and frequently visited beach located at Padre Burgos, Quezon. The locals pride themselves of having "Boracay" and "Palawan" in one, hence the name "Borawan". It has the lush mountains and rocky cliffs similar to those found in Palawan and the crystal clear water and white sand beach that of "Boracay". So when I visited this place last July 2012, I realized that I  was able to experience Boracay and Palawan for less.




My Honey and I when we visited "Borawan".
That was my Honey when he tried climbing the rocky cliff at Borawan! I think the cliff is somewhere between 15 to 20 meters in height.
 



The "Bilaran Sand Bar" or "Panambo" is also called by the locals of Pagbilao, Quezon as "Balugbog - Baboy" (pig's nape) as it looks like the nape of a pig during low tide. It is this time when the long seashore or white sand beach appears. During high tide this beach is submerged in water. This is also the place where one can see the Mt. Banahaw and the Pagbilao Power Plant without obstruction. In its simplicity, this place has been visited because of its clear water and white sand shore. I have been there twice and our boatman would usually take us there in the morning when the water is calm.




Pagbilao, Quezon is only 3 to 4 hours from Manila and these islands are accessible through boat rides. 

And because of our love for these lovely beaches, my Honey and I decided to buy a boat for us to use during our island and beach hopping. This boat is named "Island Dreamers" which is associated to my Honey having been born and having experienced the simple island living since childhood and me being a beach enthusiast and nature loving person dreaming to live the simple yet peaceful island life. Just like us, you may want to discover this life in paradise. Hope you could also see these gifts of nature as they unfold at Borawan, Sand Bar, Kwebang Lampas (or "Puting Buhangin) and Dampalitan to name a few. The Province of Quezon is gifted with several lovely beaches and virgin islands. The rest are still for our discovery.  While still undeveloped todate, reason why these are called virgin islands, you may take the opportunity to come and experience it too.. and for sure you will say that "It is really more fun in the Philippines!"

The taste of the island ~ fresh seafoods!


******************************************************************************************************
For information and queries, visit Facebook fanpage "Virgin Islands of Quezon"
Or email girlie0224@yahoo.com / jinox75@yahoo.com
Or call or text 0933-7240224 / 0910-3845541
****************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment